VISION: To nurture the youth into responsible, accountable and honest citizens of integrity.
MISSION: To develop and continuously improve leadership capacity, value system and influence youth participation in human rights, governance and development processes through training, capacity building and leveraging the influence of youth on leadership, governance and development in Kenya.
Alfred Polo Foundation is civil sector organisation founded in 2011 and later registered in April 2012. The Foundation has been on the frontline in human rights, children and youth rehabilitation, youth mentoring, youth economic empowerment, environment preservation and poverty eradication in Kenya. To that end, APF has carried out activities in schools, universities and youth community based organisations to promote and nurture leadership skills among young people. Other activities include; preservation of the environment through tree planting, wildlife endangerment and protection training for communities in wildlife habitats, streets cleaning activities, sports and competitions that promote human rights and peace, reduce violence and remove boredom and idleness among the youth.
The foundation has also been very keen on enhancing career guidance and counselling amongst the youth as a way of helping them re-discover their talents early and identify which suitable careers to pursue. This is done through partnership with other organisations and stakeholders, which include involvement of other outstanding personalities, celebrities and volunteers of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- To enhance the capacity of children and youth in crisis on child rights and human rights.
- To strengthen the capacity of civil society on human rights, governance and protection of minorities.
- To advocate for economic empowerment among the youth in Kenya.
- To support poverty eradication initiatives among the youth in Kenya.
- To protect the environment and wildlife through awareness building and training for local populations and civil society.
- To support child and youth rehabilitation and mentoring initiatives in Kenya
- Children and youth in crisis.
- Civil Society (non governmental organisations, community based organisations, societies, groups).
- Children and youth in schools and universities.
- Wildlife in Nairobi and Kajiado Counties.
- Ethnic and sexual minorities.
- Human Rights.
- Child and Youth Rehabilitation and Mentoring.
- Economic Empowerment.
- Poverty Eradication.
- Environment Conservation and Wildlife Protection